Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sunset Proposal


I was an avid kayaker, before I met my wife. I taught her how to paddle and she became an avid fan of the sport herself. All of this prior to us getting married. We were both divorcees, and I don't think either of us really wanted to get married again.

Well one evening while sitting in our kayaks off the coast of Lakewood, Ohio in Lake Erie watching a perfect sunset, we were being serenaded by a wedding band on the beach (to someone else's wedding), I looked at Ruth and told her "I can't get down on one knee in a kayak, but will you marry me?". We got married that Fall and we have been happily married since. We still love to kayak. Sometimes we take our dog Ellie Mae (a boxer) in the tandem, and other times we might take along anyone of our combined six children. She had three kids (twin boys and a daughter), and I had three of my own (twin daughters and a son). Yes, we are a modern day Brady Bunch.

by Eric Kremer

No comments:

Post a Comment