Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Canoe Bonding

About 13 years ago my wife and I were divorced parents who had been dating for a while. she had full custody of her young son and daughter, while I had full custody of my young daughter. We decided it was time for our children to meet and attempt to bond our families together. We planned a "chance" meeting at Walden Pond in Concord,Massachusetts were I brought my canoe and solid ash Northwood paddles. It was success from the first stroke as I taught each of them how to paddle. We knew it was the beginning of a beautiful thing as nobody wanted to go home that day. We were married about a year later and our family is still as closely knit together today as we were that fatefull day when we all jammed into that canoe.

Trev Coccimiglio

No comments:

Post a Comment