Friday, October 18, 2013

The River Sup Journey Around the Globe


 Follow this incredible journey of Sawyer Ambassador Zach Collier. This week I’m launching an around the world tour with an inflatable SUP and my trusty Sawyer Storm Traveler SUP paddle. Each fall, I lead rafting trips to Bhutan and while I’m traveling, I try to explore some new places in the hope of creating future itineraries for Northwest Rafting Company. Usually for trips like this I’d travel with my kayak, but with all the flight connections it seemed a little cumbersome. Last winter, I started SUPing whitewater around my home base in Hood River, OR. I’ve gotten pretty comfortable in Class III rapids, so I decided to travel with an inflatable SUP and breakdown paddle for this trip. Although this is still an extra bit of gear, it packs up much easier than a big plastic kayak! The inflatable SUP fits nicely in a custom designed bag complete with a pump, PFD, helmet, elbow pads, SUP leash, throw bag, and drysuit. The Storm Traveller paddle breaks down and fits snugly in my suitcase to protect it in transit.

Follow our adventures on the Sawyer and Northwest Rafting blog


No comments:

Post a Comment